We are conducting a user study on a voice assistant designed specifically for therapy sessions, and we would like to invite you to participate!
Are you interested in exploring the potential of technology in the field of mental health? This study focuses on the use of a voice assistant, powered by a fine-tuned Language Model (LLM) to help with the emotion detection, for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) sessions. The voice assistant is programmed to recognize emotions and respond empathically, enhancing the therapeutic experience.
As a participant, you will have the opportunity to engage in the beginning of a simulated therapy session with the voice assistant. We are particularly interested in investigating the influence of empathic responses by the voice assistant on the user. Your insights and experiences will contribute to improving the design and functionality of this innovative tool.
- Availability for a therapy session simulation lasting approximately 6 to 7 minutes.
- Access to a microphone. If this is not possible, you can use the text input feature, just make sure to let us know in the survey after.
- Willingness to provide feedback and complete a questionnaire afterward, which takes about 11 to 13 minutes.
- Gain firsthand experience with an emerging technology in the mental health domain.
- Contribute to advancing the development of a voice assistant for therapy sessions.
Your privacy and data security are of utmost importance to us. All information collected during the study will be anonymized and treated with strict confidentiality. Your voice recordings will not be stored on our server.
You can find the chatbot under the following link: https://moodybot.de
Dear international students,
we are currently investigating acculturative stress, mental health and
acculturation strategies of international students in Germany.
Therefore, we would like to invite you to participate in our survey
(duration: approx. 20 min.).
You can participate by clicking on the following link:
What do you receive for your participation in the survey?
• We will raffle Thalia vouchers (30 gift cards with 10,- EUR each, 5
gift cards with 20,- EUR each and 2 gift cards with 50,- EUR each)
among all participants.
• 1 test person hour (Versuchspersonenstunde) for students
• Upon request, we will gladly send you a summary of the results of our study.
We are looking forward to your participation!
Prof. Erhabor Idemudia
Dr. Constance Karing
(Project manager and contact persons: Erhabor.Idemudia(a)nwu.ac.za,
constance.karing(a)uni-jena.de, Institute of Psychology, University of Jena)
Dr. Constance Karing
Institut für Psychologie
Abteilung für Forschungssynthese, Intervention und Evaluation
Tel.: 03641/ 9-45907
Fax: 03641/ 9-45902